Welcome to the best resource online for middle names for Lincoln.
Parenthood is a beautiful thing, and being blessed with a baby tops it all. However, most parents often get mixed up when naming their kids, especially first-time moms. Suppose you have settled on the name Lincoln; congratulations because you made a very informed decision.
Lincoln is a cute and funky name that has kept its relevance for ages. Its witty stylishness blended with a touch of modernity makes it suitable for moms who always love stylish names.
Though the name has been around for several decades, it’s currently popular because it was popularized in the English world by the first president of the United States.
Meaning and origin
The name Lincoln could be a surname and masculine name of Anglo-Saxon origin. Lincoln originates from the town of Lincoln, whose name means “pool colony”, combining the Brythonic word Lynn with the Latin word Colonia.
This translates to town by the pool or settler by the lake. As a result of its use to honor President Lincoln, Lincoln has become a somewhat prominent name for males within the United States.
Best middle names for Lincoln
- Lincoln Alexander
- Lincoln Amos
- Lincoln Asa
- Lincoln Asher
- Lincoln Balsam
- Lincoln Bell
- Lincoln Berenger
- Lincoln Best
- Lincoln Bligh
- Lincoln Bridgeport
- Lincoln Cane
- Lincoln Cedar
- Lincoln Chaddock
- Lincoln Chamberlain
- Lincoln Cloud
- Lincoln Coal
- Lincoln Conrad
- Lincoln Creek
- Lincoln Crusoe
- Lincoln December
- Lincoln Drake
- Lincoln Edison
- Lincoln Elijah
- Lincoln Elliott
- Lincoln Ember
- Lincoln Emerson
- Lincoln Fairbanks
- Lincoln Falcon
- Lincoln Felix
- Lincoln Fir
- Lincoln Fire
- Lincoln Fleece
- Lincoln Fort
- Lincoln Frederick
- Lincoln Frost
- Lincoln Gabriel
- Lincoln Garrett
- Lincoln Gates
- Lincoln Glass
- Lincoln Gramercy
- Lincoln Grey
- Lincoln Griswold
- Lincoln Grove
- Lincoln Gust
- Lincoln Hail
- Lincoln Haley
- Lincoln Hawk
- Lincoln Hearth
- Lincoln Heath
- Lincoln Henry
- Lincoln Hickory
- Lincoln Hill
- Lincoln Hillary
- Lincoln Hollis
- Lincoln Irving
- Lincoln Irwin
- Lincoln Jayne
- Lincoln Jiminy
- Lincoln Johnson
- Lincoln Kindle
- Lincoln Knight
- Lincoln Langley
- Lincoln Mavrick
- Lincoln Maxim
- Lincoln Meriwether
- Lincoln Miles
- Lincoln Milligan
- Lincoln Myrrh
- Lincoln Night
- Lincoln Noel
- Lincoln Oliver
- Lincoln Paley
- Lincoln Pax
- Lincoln Quill
- Lincoln Rainier
- Lincoln Ramond
- Lincoln Sage
- Lincoln Sands
- Lincoln Silver
- Lincoln Skate
- Lincoln Sky
- Lincoln Sleigh
- Lincoln Snow
- Lincoln Sterling
- Lincoln Storm
- Lincoln Sutter
- Lincoln Teller
- Lincoln Trove
- Lincoln Truce
- Lincoln Windham
- Lincoln Winslow
- Lincoln Winter
- Lincoln Wintry
- Lincoln Wise
- Lincoln Wood
- Lincoln Woolverton
- Lincoln Wreath
- Lincoln Xavier
- Lincoln Zane
- Lincoln Zephyr
Nicknames for Lincoln
- Bell Shepard
- Lincoln Burrows
- Lincoln Campbell
- Lincoln Loud
- Lincoln Rafael
- Lincoln Rose
How to Pick a Middle Name for Lincoln
“Picking the correct middle name is extremely important.
Here are 8 things important considerations to take into account:
1. What does the middle name mean?
A middle name with meaning is always more powerful than without, especially if that meaning is personal to you and your family.
For example, you could have a middle name that reminds you of your heritage or a tradition that’s unique to you and your family.
Pairing a baby’s middle name with a unique meaning is the perfect way to connect your new baby to a special tradition.
2. Do the names fit together?
Probably the most significant part of naming your child is how the name all sounds together. The first, middle, and last names should fit correctly together.
How well do the first, middle, and last names fit together?
Try to avoid names that rhyme or are very similar, as this may become a slight inconvenience as your child matures into an adult.
Hint: Try to keep your chosen middle name short (one or two syllables) as this tends to fit better with most first names.
3. Practice saying the names out loud.
A baby’s name on paper can sound dramatically different from the way it sounds when you say each name out loud. You may find that it doesn’t sound the way it looks.
4. Don’t be too quick to pick the first name you find
The perfect name sometimes takes time. Look at a variety of names before you make your decision. Remember, it can be tricky to change a name once it’s registered, so try to take as much time as possible to avoid any regrets in the future.
5. Do you need to stick to a family tradition?
Some families have distinctive practices they use to name their firstborn.
For example, in England, in the 18th and 19th centuries: the first son was named after the father’s father. Do you need to stick to a traditional custom? If not, feel free to form your own!
6. Take into account your baby’s full initials.
You may want to avoid any initials that form popular but unintended acronyms. This can be an unintended consequence, so write down your baby’s full name and check to see that their initials don’t sound or look bizarre.
7. Celebrate your heritage (or create your tradition)
A child’s middle name is a great way to celebrate your family heritage or even begin a new one. You could be remembering a loved one that is no longer here or prefer to stake your claim in a new tradition that’s unique to you.
Middle names are special, and, as they are gender-neutral, can be the perfect place to incorporate both male and female family members.
8. Don’t just stick to one middle name
If you have more than one middle name you love and can’t choose between, add them both! Multiple middle names are very popular across the globe and are the perfect way to keep both parents happy if you are spoilt for choice.
7 Reasons to Have Middle Names for Lincoln
Three are several benefits for having middle names.
1. Special: an easy way to make them even more amazing.
2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
3. Fit: Sound more familiar between the baby’s first name and your last name.
4. Memory: remember someone, pay tribute, or honor someone extraordinary.
5. Aspirational: with tales of a particular middle name
6. Noble: The middle name concept is traced back to Rome. It was a way to recognize different families.
7. They are just plain FUN to have
Names similar to Lincoln
Famous people with the name Lincoln
- Lincoln Davenport – Chafee American politician; 74th governor of Rhode Island
- Lincoln Carter – Almond American politician; 72nd Governor of Rhode Island
- Lincoln Rafael Diaz Balart – U.S. Congressman from Florida
- Lincoln Clay Lewis – Australian actor
- Lincoln Younes – Australian actor
- Lincoln Ellsworth American polar explorer
- Lincoln Edward K – irstein American artist; founding father of NYC Ballet
- Lincoln Joseph Steffens – American journalist
- Lincoln Child American novelist
- Lincoln Mahanoldest son of Brooke Mahan – co,host on YouTube channel “whatsup moms”
- (Tamerlane) Lincoln KennedyJr – American NFL athlete and commentator
- Charles Lincoln “Link” Neal IIIYouTuber of “Rhett & Link”
- Lincoln Nealson of Lincoln “Link” Neal III
- Lincoln Bixby Cruz – (b. 1995)son of actor Brandon Cruz
- Lincoln William Holiday Alphin – (b. 2005)son of ethnic music singer Big Kenny
- Lincoln Marshall Marroquin – (b. 2013)son of reality TV personalities Javi and Kailyn Lowry Marroquin of “Teen Mom 2”
- Lincoln William DeSanto – (b. 2013)son of reality TV personality Janelle Pierzina (“Big Brother”) and Jess DeSanto
- Lincoln Roy Hoellein – (b. 2015)son of yankee family vlogger Bonnie Hoellein
Variations of Lincoln
Final thoughts on middle names for Lincoln
If you have read through the article, then I am confident that you are fully informed on the meaning, origin and best middle names for Lincoln. Understanding its meaning makes finding the perfect middle name for your prince, Lincoln, much easier.
Moreover, paying homage to friends and relatives with Lincolns in their lineage also helps because you can have a first-hand understanding of what informed their middle names.
We hope you have found the chosen middle name for Lincoln; remember to take your time when choosing the best middle name for your son, Lincoln.
Also read: Middle Names for Jasper